Last revised: November 2010
Overview of website.
To better understand how and why we collect and disclose information about your use of the website, let's start by describing generally how the website functions.Once you register, you can select music files you wish to download.Before you can download each music file, however, you must view a brief advertisement from one of our advertisers or sponsors.If you agree to share information about your music file download with others, we may (but do not always) create an advertisement or other announcement which identifies (i) the music file you downloaded (i.e., song title), (ii) your screen name, and (iii) the entity, product or service who sponsored your download.This advertisement or announcement will be distributed on the Internet and seen by others. In addition, you may use the website to notify friends about the music files you have downloaded.
1A. Name and Email Addresses.Generally, we do not share your name or your e-mail address without your consent. We may use your e-mail address to contact you to market our goods and services or to provide updates with respect to this website. In addition, certain providers of the content we distribute on our website or sponsors of advertising seen on our site may wish to contact you via e-mail and market their goods or services.Unless and until you opt-in to having your e-mail address disclosed to these third parties, your email address will not be given to sponsors or content providers (such as music distributors.)You can opt-out of receiving e-mail from us to market our goods and services, or make changes to your email address and preferences by accessing your account profile on the website.
Our website includes a feature that allows you to notify a friend that you downloaded a music file from our website.You do this by entering your friend's e-mail address, which we will use only for purpose of sending the specific notification you requested.So that your friend will recognize you as the sender of the notification, the notification may include your name, user name (“screen name”) and e-mail address.By using this notification feature, you consent to us disclosing this information to the person you choose to send the notification to.
1B. Gender, Birth Date and ZIP Code.We do not share your gender, birth date and ZIP code with third parties in such a way that you can be identified or contacted - in other words, we do not include your name or e-mail address when disclosing your gender, birth date or ZIP code.We may share your gender, birth date and/or ZIP code with third parties for purposes of providing anonymous geographic or demographic information about the users of our website.
2. Screen Names.During registration, you get to pick a screen name under which to access our website.We recommend that you do not include any portion of your real name or other personally-identifiable information about you in your screen name.Generally, we do not share your screen name with anyone without your consent.However, as noted above, if you agree to share information about the music files you download using the FAM Share Icon (star logo) next to the Twitter and Facebook share icons on the download page, you consent to us disclosing your screen name (but not your real name or other personally-identifiable information about you) as part of the advertisements we may create about your music file download.Again, we recommend that you do not include any portion of your real name or other personally-identifiable information about you in your screen name.However, if you choose to include some or all of your real name or other personally-identifiable information about you in your screen name, then you also consent to us sharing that information as part of your screen name when you agree to let us share your screen name.
3. Information We Automatically Collect.Certain information may be automatically collected by our computer systems or those of our service providers when you access or use our website, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information (such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform); state and country from which you accessed the site; the date and time of your visit and the web page from which you linked to our site; and the name of your Internet service provider.At times, we or our service providers may use tools to measure and collect information regarding use of the website, including page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, information on interaction with the website (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse to, or away from, the website. One specific tool we or our third party service providers, advertisers or our sponsors may use is sometimes called a “web beacon”, which is a 1x1 clear pixel tracking image which is embedded in certain content by our content providers. This tool tracks how certain content on our website is accessed or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page, and the resulting data allows our content providers to gauge the usage of the content they provide.Web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page.
Most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether; you should consult the "Help" menu on your browser.However, as mentioned above, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the website (including to download music files) if you choose to not accept cookies.
5. Disclosure of Certain Information to, and Collection of Information by, Third Parties; Advertising Based On Information About Your Online Activities. From time to time we may share the cookies and other non-personally-identifiable information we create or collect regarding your use of the website (but not your real name, screen name or e-mail address) with third parties (such as third party websites, advertising servers or our service providers, advertisers and sponsors) for purposes of providing us with services or to allow such third parties to offer you products, programs, or services that may be of interest to you and to deliver relevant advertising or content when you visit our website or other websites, based on information about your online activities.
You may opt-out of allowing us to collect or share information about your online activities for the purpose of us or third parties providing more relevant content and advertising to you based on information about your online activities.However, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the website (including the ability to download music files) if you choose to opt-out of allowing us to collect or share information for this purpose.
6. External Links.Similarly, the website may contain links to other sites or content provided by third parties.If you decide to follow those links, different privacy policies may apply, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites.You should contact the provider of the particular site or content with any questions about their privacy policies.
7. Watermarks in Music Files.To protect copyright owners' rights in the music files we allow you to download, each music file you download may contain an embedded "watermark", which is a unique digital identifier.This watermark is invisible to you, does not limit your ability to use the downloaded music files, and does not contain personally-identifiable information; however, the watermark may be linked to your personally-identifiable information in our systems to allow us to investigate or report unauthorized copies of the music file, and you agree that we may share this information with third parties in the course of such investigation or report.
8. Data Security and Integrity.We take your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect your information.No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, though.Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.We take reasonable, appropriate steps to protect against unauthorized access to and disclosure of personal information.Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.However, we cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any firewalls or secure server software we may employ. Our employees who handle confidential or proprietary information belonging to us or our customers must treat it accordingly and may not disclose it to unauthorized third parties.
We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services or as otherwise permitted under this Policy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
9. Use and Disclosure to Comply with Law or Protect Legal Rights. We are committed to complying with law and so we reserve the right to disclose information we collect for purposes of complying with any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or lawful request of law enforcement or other regulatory authority.We may also disclose information if appropriate to protect our website or our legal rights or the legal rights of others, including our third party service providers, content providers, advertisers or sponsors.
10. How You can Access or Correct Information or Request Further Details.Access to personally-identifiable information that is collected from our sites may be accessible for a limited period of time from the point of collection.For example, if you created a password-protected account on our website, you can access that account through Member Details to review the information you provided.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personally-identifiable information or deletion of such data if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. For verification purposes, please include your first name, last name, e-mail address and the password you use for the website.
Free All Media, LLC
888 3rd St.Suite A
Atlanta, GA 30318
California law permits residents who have provided personally-identifiable information to us to request information about our disclosure of personally-identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes.If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please contact us at the addresses above.